Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Novel Soundtrack

I really enjoyed the group who had the soundtrack task.  I had to do a very similar project in High School.  It was an independent book reading project, where he had a list of books we could choose from and every few weeks a report was due.  There were different assignments we could choose from as well.  Traditional paper, soundtrack (5 songs with a reflection as to why they were choosen), cast list for a movie version (again it was X actors and rationale as to why), and a few others I can't remember.  I choose to do a soundtrack for Tim OBrian's The Things They Carried.  I had a great time with it and burned a cd that actually had 14 songs on it (although I explained only 5).  The teacher loved it so much he asked if I would make him an extra copy for a friend of his that loved the book too.  Just jokingly I said, "give'm yours" and he quickly replied, "no way! I love this. I've been listening to it in the car."  I gave him another copy and he said that moments when a student really gets the book and the assignment are times that make everything else worth it. I won't forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment